Organisations can choose which data processing activities are certified. This could be a product such as a Software as a Service, or a process such as customer onboarding or any other distinct process or service.
We support companies to prepare for the audit and certification of a processing activity, at the same time enhancing their compliance with national and international data protection laws and filling gaps between the Europrivacy scheme requirements and the existing controls within the organisation.
At Mazars, we have certified GDPR certification specialists from various risk and compliance backgrounds, based in the EEA and USA, who have the expertise to deal with large complex organisations and processing activities.
Why should you get certified?
The GDPR is complex. Non-conformity carries important legal and financial risks, which are hidden costs until a company is fined (up to 4% of its worldwide turnover). Getting certified means that you have independent professionals taking a close look at your processes, so you can be sure that you are being compliant.
The certificates also demonstrate commitment to protect personal data and to be a trustworthy provider for customers, as well as a reliable data processor for business partners. It also reduces legal and financial risks by demonstrating compliance with legislation and ensuring controls are in place and can save substantial costs.
- Mitigates legal and financial risks.
- Can be combined with ISO 27001 certifications.
- Can be extended to meet national regulations.
- Combines expertise in data protection law, cyber security and certification.
- Highly comprehensive for all sorts of data processing activities.
- Created in close cooperation with data protection authorities, endorsed by EDPB art. 42.
- Developed through the European Research Programme, co-funded by the European Commission and Switzerland.
To find out more about how a GDPR certificate can help your business or where to start, please fill in the form below, and a member of the team will be in touch.